Did you love your first Love Local Box subscription? This time we’ll be providing more complete meals in every box!
Take all the planning out of 3 meals a month! We’ve got you covered with pre measured ingredients and recipe cards! ONLY $149.00 for a 3 month subscription.
We again partnered with Superior Seasons in Thunder Bay to bring you a monthly dose of local food! We also worked with Freshwater Cuisine to include a Lake to Plate meal created by local chef Jay in each monthly box!
A huge thank you to our Love Local Box producers, Superior Seasons, and chef Jay!
Twyla, a long time supporter of CLFC said “My family has very much enjoyed the love local boxes and are happy that delivery seems to be continuing to ignace so that we can continue enjoying this great service.
The Christmas box was lovely as well with 2 meals and snacks/treats. We are open to trying new things and have enjoyed the surprises each month.
The biggest bonus for us this winter with the love local boxes has been enjoying local produce all winter.”
Irene, a big supporter of CLFC said “I finally pulled my fish out of the freezer and cooked up your dish tonight. It was delicious and easy. Also, I enjoyed watching the video as I cooked the dish, you kept me entertained! I am looking forward to my next love local box, which I get tomorrow. Loved the spice as well!”
November Box Contents & Recipes:
- Tubilee from Freshwater Cuisine
- Canadian Pure Wild Rice
- Winter Squash, Carrots, Onions, Celery, and Potatoes (Fingerling Mix) from Belluz Farms and Superior Seasons
- Hagens Dressing
- 4 Pack of Chops from Wall’s Pork Shop
- Garlic from Tim and Carolle Eady
- Veal Cubes from My-Pride Farm
- Brule Creek Farms Oil
- Stone-ground Spelt Flour from LoonSong Farm
- Chicken Stock from Ontario Natural Food Co-op
- Herbes De Provence from Crazy Good Spices
Stuffed Tullibee and Pilaf
Check out chef Jay from Freshwater Cuisine whip up a stuffed Spanish style Tullibee with your Love Local Box ingredients
We’re live with a very special episode of Lake to Plate this week! Chef Jay Barnard is cooking up a delicious Spanish style Tullibee stuffed with Canadian Pure Wild Rice in partnership with the Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op Love Local Box! This recipe is super simple, and will be very easy to replicate at home.Food Network Canada Food Network Sysco Food Services of Winnipeg Toppits Foods Canadian Foodies Canadian Pure Wild Rice Global News Gusto TV CraveTV Bravo High Liner Canada Presteve Foods Limited Q104 and KenoraOnline 89.5 The Lake Cooking Channel Club House For Chefs Chefs Plate Chef Michael Smith The Walleye – Thunder Bay's Arts & Culture Magazine CBC Thunder Bay Thunder Bay, Ontario Shaw TV Thunder Bay Channel 10 Tourism Kenora Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce Winnipeg, Manitoba Ottawa, Ontario Ottawa Sun OttawaFood.com
Posted by Freshwater Cuisine on Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Wild Rice Salad
- 4 cups fully cooked Wild Rice (chilled)
- 1/4 cup Hagen’s salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
Mix all together well, chill in fridge and serve as a side dish.
Note: The ingredients added to wild rice can be altered to your taste.
Start with a little less than 1/4 cup of each and add more if you like.
Marinated Pork Chops
- Pork chops or a roast
- 1 500 ml. bottle of Hagens Dressing
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Mix Hagens Dressing, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour over your pork and marinate in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours. Preheat Barbeque to 400 degrees to sear the pork. Turn off one side of the barbeque and place the pork on this side. Baste your pork every 5-10 minutes with remaining marinade until your roast is cooked to your preference. Can also be baked.
December Box Contents & Recipes:
- 1 lb Beef from ELD Farm
- Brule Creek Oil (included in first box)
- 1 Pint Tomato Base from Pickles & Jams
- Spice Mix made with Crazy Good Spices
- Red Kidney Beans, Beets, Onions, Sweet Potatoes & Mushrooms from Superior Seasons and Belluz Farms
- Tomato Paste from ONFC
- Northern Pike from Freshwater Cuisine
- Ginger Molasses Cookie and Scone mix from Brule Creek Farm
- Christmas Blend popcorn by Northbound Moose Co.
Lake to Plate Episode featuring Teriyaki Pan Fried Northern Pike with Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes
We’re on the air with our last episode of Lake to Plate for 2017, and what a year it has been! We’re once again pairing up with Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op’s monthly Love Love Box. This time around we’re preparing Freshwater Cuisine’s own Northern Pike Steaks in a teriyaki sauce, and pairing serving it with roasted a local root vegetable medley.This recipe is super simple, and will be easy to cook along with!Lake of the Woods Brewing Company Kenora, Ontario Jay Barnard HoJoe Coffee & Eatery @
Posted by Freshwater Cuisine on Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Ginger Molasses Cookie and Scone mix from Brule Creek Farm, and Christmas Blend popcorn by Northbound Moose Co.
January Box Contents & Recipes:
- Perch from Freshwater Cuisine & Original Crumbs sponsored by Freshwater Cuisine
- Red and yellow onions, carrots, cabbage, and potatoes from Superior Seasons and Belluz Farms
- Kupper’s Dressing
- Stinson’s Maple Syrup
- 6 drumsticks from Robin Hill Farm
- 1 lb ham from Rainy River Meats
- Chili Sauce from the Gardens of Delight
- Ontario Natural Food Co-op apple cider vinegar, yellow split peas and stock
- recipe cards
Lake to Pate episode featuring battered Perch with homemade coleslaw, and wedge fries (Traditional Fish & Chips)
We’re back on the air with this week’s episode of Lake to Plate!This is our monthly Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op Love Local Box episode. We’re going back to basics making an easy to replicate at home Fish and Chips platter. Using the finest wild caught yellow perch fillets and a Kupper's Bakery & Restaurant Coleslaw.
Posted by Freshwater Cuisine on Wednesday, January 17, 2018
If you have pictures or videos you’d like to share please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and get featured.
To see what our first Love Local Box program brought subscribers, visit our LLB webpage!