- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) Milkwell Farms Lean Ground Grass-finished Beef
- 1 Honey Mill Farm Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small Ontario Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Brule Creek Farms Extra Virgin Canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 6 slices aged Maple Dale 5 Year Old Cheddar Cheese from Rainy River Meats
- 6 sesame seed buns
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) Buster’s Original Blueberry Barbecue sauce
- 6 large leafs Wickens Lake Sunshine Buttercrunch Lettuce
- 6 slices cooked Cloverbelt Country Meats Smoked Farm Bacon
In large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Shape into 6 burgers.
In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender.
Place burgers on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each burger reads 160°F (71°C). Top with cheese and grill to melt.
Toast buns on grill. Spread each bun bottom with barbecue sauce. Top with lettuce, burger, mushrooms, bacon and bun top.