- 50 g Butter.
- 1 Medium Onion. Finely Diced.
- 50 g Celery. Finely Sliced.
- 2 Garlic Cloves. Finely Sliced.
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds.
- 500 g Jerusalem Artichokes. Peeled and sliced into coins around 5mm thick.
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice.
- 250 ml Vegetable stock.
- 100 g Sour Cream . optional
- Salt and Pepper as needed.
Heat the butter over a medium heat in saucepan and add in the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes, the onions should then be soft and translucent.
Add in the garlic and cumin seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in the Jerusalem artichokes and cook for 5 minutes.
Then add in the vegetable stock along with the lemon juice and cook until the artichokes are soft, about 15-20 minutes depending on size.
When the artichokes are soft, blend the soup until smooth and stir in the sour cream, check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as required and serve.