- 1¼ cup LoonSong Farm Stone-Ground spelt flour
- 1⅛ teaspoon instant or rapid-rise dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Brule Creek Farms extra-virgin canola oil oil, divided
- Put flour, yeast, sugar and salt into bowl of a food processor and pulse once or twice to mix.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of oil and ½ cup warm water in a small glass measuring cup. With food processor running, slowly pour water mixture through feed tube; process until a ball of dough forms.
- Dough should be slightly tacky, but not overly sticky. If necessary add a little flour, one tablespoon at a time and let it run for a little longer.
- Oil a medium-size mixing bowl. Form dough into a ball and transfer to bowl, turning dough to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm, draft-free spot until dough doubles in size, about 45-60 minutes.
- Once dough has doubled in size, set out on a slightly floured area and push dough down with your fingers. Pick dough up and stretch it out into desired shape.
- If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while oven is preheating to 425 degrees F. *Place dough on pizza stone or place the dough on a piece of parchment paper, carefully slide the paper with the dough right onto the baking sheet, and add toppings.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Broil on high for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.